Eddy Orinda is the founder, and Managing partner at ONE & ASSOCIATES, LLP, a boutique law firm serving clients in East Africa & Ukraine. Eddy is highly sought after, advocate of the High Court of Kenya, Practice Director & Head of Commercial/Corporate Law at ONE & Associates, LLP, with vast experience in international public health law, international commercial arbitration, insolvency, commercial litigation and corporate law practice.
Eddy advises clients on major legal transactions including international commercial arbitration, commercial transactions, insolvency and commercial litigation. Eddy wears many hats including a strong professional working knowledge of Russian and Ukrainian languages and considerable experience on the Eastern European legal system and business environment.
He has advised & successfully acted as a link between the governments of the Republic of Ukraine (through the Embassy of Ukraine in Nairobi) and Kenya (through the Office of the Prime Minister of Kenya) in building and fostering diplomatic and business relations between the two Governments.
Over the years Eddy has developed a lot of interest in legal epidemiology, banking and finance, insolvency, international relations and diplomacy. Eddy has a passion for developing young minds he is a Senior Adjunct Lecturer at the United States International University (USIU) Nairobi, Kenya where he teaches business law and survey of the legal environment at the Chandaria School of Business (CSB).
He is the Chairman/CEO of Africa Trade & Investment Group (ATIG) Limited that currently advises the Governor H.E Prof. Anya’ng Nyo’ngo/County Government of Kisumu on a sister city partnership with the Regional Administration of Odessa in Ukraine.
- Orinda E. N, International Cooperation in the fight against infectious diseases in Africa – A case for legal epidemiology in Kenya, May 23, 2020, Nairobi, Kenya (Published in English).
- Orinda E. N, A Case for legal epidemiology in Kenya – International Perspectives, May 27, 2020, Nairobi, Kenya (Published in English)
- Orinda E. N, A Case for legal epidemiology in Kenya – Domestic Dynamics, May 27, 2020, Nairobi, Kenya (Published in English).
- Orinda E.N, The role of international legal cooperation in the fight against epidemics and pandemics as global challenges and threats of our time / presented at the first international multidisciplinary Conference, May 15, 2015, Odessa International Humanitarian University (Published in Russian language).
- Orinda E.N, International Legal Cooperation in Combating the Spread of Epidemics: manifestations of global challenges and threats, presented at conference “Human Rights & Health in the Context of International Law”, May 27, 2015 Institute of International Relations – Taras Shevchenko University Kiev, Ukraine (Published in Russian language).
- Orinda E.N, Key Case Law Issues: Case Analysis & Case Briefing – A Methodological Manual for Law Students & Post Graduates of the National University – Odessa Law Academy Odessa 2015 (Published in Ukraine by the National University – Odessa Law Academy).
EDDY NICHOLAS O ORINDA
LSK| EALS| ICJ| IEA|KNCCI
The Cradle, Chango, Majengo Town